Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Galileo Full Screen mode

edited September 2014 in General
An opportunity missed here, I feel. I was really looking forward to finally being able to gig with Galileo

Very disappointed with the new full screen layout. Yes, the keyboards have gone but only to be replaced by a pile of other crap. Just wanted the Hammond and Leslie controls and nice and big so it's easy to play live. Used this at a rehearsal last night and there's no way it can be used at a gig.

Would expect stuff like organ type, leakage and eq and, for god's sake, ring modulation and wah to stay under the hood. It's so easy to change these minor settings when frantically grabbing at the important controls. Percussion on the lower manual - really! Incredibly easy to select a new preset when pushing the drawbars in.

No more useable live than V1 I'm afraid. A shame, it's a pretty simple requirement.

The good news is that it supports backgrounding and virtual midi so, hopefully, some Lemur wrangling will be able to make a useable panel.

Apologies if there's a switch I'm missing which engages a sensible full screen mode.

Comments

• I much prefer the new Galileo ( module ) option and love the app, but I would go along with tonewheels and request ( please, please ) offer an additional new screen, with the basic essentials, drawbars, presets, larger chorus/vib, percussion controls, and a nice big half-moon controller. Galileo would then be a 'killer' app for both pros and hobby players.
  • I hate to say this but, you may want to consider getting a different midi controller. One that has knobs, buttons and sliders. These make using Galileo ( and other apps ) SO much easier so you never have to actually touch the screen to change anything while playing.

I have a Samson 49, two Keylab 49's and a Keylab 25 midi controllers.

A sustain pedal is great for Leslie slow/fast and you can just bump the mod or pitch bend wheel to turn on/off the Leslie brake or set that to a button to turn it on or off.
  • I use a yamaha arranger with Galileo/Ipad air2 but cannot figure how to stop sustan pedal causing notes to hang sound contiously