Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Galileo Organ stuck notes

Hi, I have a problem with Galileo Organ.
Sometimes, the notes get "stuck", they are still sounding and heard and I have to close the app, and, when I reopen it, they do not sound and I have to restart the iPad and reopen the app.
I have tried in two different iPads, so I think it's a problem of the program.
Has something similar happened to anyone?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi!

I believe I sent you an email, but I'll still let you know on here… if you can give us as many details as possible about this. Any other apps open, what preset it's happening on, etc. We'll have to be able to replicate the problem to solve it.

Thanks!
    Jessie
  • I have had the same issue when switching from one app to Galileo. If you have a habit like me, you may leave your foot on your sustain/expression pedal or you close one app and immediately open Galileo without giving it like 3 seconds in between. All of the conditions I mentioned will cause keys to lock on in Galileo and the only way to stop it is to hit the panic button or just run your fingers up the keyboard to "repress" the ones that are stuck on. They will then come unlocked.
  • I have had the same problem on my iPad Air with Galileo using M-Audio Keystation49 and an Alesis V61 keyboards, so I think it is a problem with the program ‘not’ receiving an ‘off’ message from the key when it is released. I have adjusted the touch sensitivity in the V61, but the problem still persists. The only solution I’ve found to unlock stuck keys is to change voices, but that doesn’t fix the problem. Yonac seems to think it could be a cord issue, but I think it has to be the program itself, because it doesn’t happen when using the iElectric piano app. It is unfortunate, but this issue makes the Galileo app pretty much useless for live situations. I can’t believe more players haven’t experienced this problem, because it happens virtually every time I’ve tried it at rehearsals.
  • Yeah, there shouldn't be any stuck notes. Especially because these previous the previous posts in this thread are from a much older version. Have you made sure that your firmware is up to date? That is the most common solution to stuck note issues. What cord are you using to connect to the keyboards? We use an M-Audio Keystation49 daily and never get any stuck notes... so we should be able to figure out what your issue is.