Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ToneStack for Windows 10?

First let me say that I've purchased the ToneStack "motherlode" package for iOS on my iPad Air 2 and LOVE it! But ToneStack is really the only reason I keep the iPad around. I'd really love to be able to install a version of ToneStack on say a Surface Pro 3 tablet! I can already run Native Instruments Guitar Rig on it with my iRig HD plugged into the USB port...

Seeing how Windows 10 has already been installed on 70 million plus devices since launching a few weeks ago, I would think developers would be dying to get their apps up on the windows store. Have a look at "project Islandwood" for info on easily porting your objective C iOS apps to windows 10. Microsoft is really going all out for iOS and android devs with all the new visual studio tools that are coming soon.

Anyone with me on this? Or is ToneStack on iOS enough?

Comments

• Hmmm, no comments huh
  • Well, we would like to be on Windows! Just not sure when we'll have the time for it. Right now we're working in a big ToneStack update. We'll be closer to having that done after we finish getting all our apps ready for iOS 9. Again, we want to do Windows, and hope to sometime in the future. And thank you for posting this, so we know that you want it, too!
    Jessie
  • Thanks for the response Jessie. Looking forward to the update for the iOS version of ToneStack in the meantime. I'm glad to hear you're at least thinking about ToneStack for Windows 10... Just imagine, that would mean people could run ToneStack on their Xbox One consoles (which will soon also be running Windows 10), plug their guitars into their Xbox One consoles and have ToneStack on the big screen. Think of the huge market! (PC, tablets, phones, Xbox One)

I'll be one of the first in line to purchase the Motherlode! :)
  • edited November 2015
    I'm another one jumping ship on Apple ASAP. Just installed Windows 10 on my (only) PC and like it. Tired of Apple's high prices vs dwindling features/reliability, they seem to have lost their way since Jobs died. I read that iPad sales have been slowing for 2 consecutive years now. Jessie, no joke, the ONLY reason I am hanging on to my iPad is so I can keep using Tonestack! And it's an iPad 2, getting very old and slow. I got so worried about it that I actually bought a small practice amp this week in case I can't use Tonestack anymore (my first amp in 10 years, I've been using modelers). Love Tonestack, I want to keep using it!!
  • The first Windows 10 Mobile phones are being released this week! (in the U.S. anyway, not sure about other countries) Microsoft Lumia 950/950XL

Imagine a Windows 10 Universal app version of ToneStack - you're sitting at your Win10 PC and have dialed in the perfect sound you want in ToneStack, then you arrive at your gig and don't have to worry about replicating those settings as the Universal app has synced everything to your mobile device!

(just one useful scenario)
  • Any news on an x86/64 Windows version Jessie?

In other news, Just this week, I finally bought the version 3 motherlode and thought I had everything. After realizing that I was still missing a bunch of stuff, I went back and filled in the gap with motherlode version 2! Now my ToneStack collection is complete!