Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Galileo - Notes still hanging on with V3

edited July 2016 in Support
Hi guys,

After repeated issues with notes hanging on, and no obvious solution in site I gave up and went back to Kontakt Vintage Oegans; TBH carrying a laptop and soundcard adds additional complexity, and I really prefer the sound and GUI of Galileo.

I was delighted to see the 3.0 update in the App Store and was confident all the bugs would be squashed; this turned out not to be the case, I had exactly the same problem not once but three times during a gig, this really isn't good enough guys.

I'm running:
iPad Air 2 64 GB (in airplane mode)
I run one other music app at the same time which is FL Studio
IRig 2 MIDI Interface
Roland A-37 Controller (I have the value slider set to CC1 for adding Leslie FX).

If you look over my previous posts, you'll see I've had the same problem using my previous hardware i.e. iPad 2 and iRig MIDI 1, every version of iOS and every iteration of Galileo. I would find it hard to believe I am the only user with this problem, the frustrating part is I am unable to replicate the fault at will, it seems completely random.

I would love to continue using your product, but as things stand this seems very unlikely. Do you have any advice which might help solve this issue?

Kind regards,

George Wood
http://soundcloud.com/george-wood

Comments

• I hope you have better luck than me getting any support either from the developer or this forum. I know this isn't helpful, but at least you'll have one reply, which is more than I got after two weeks.
  • Hey George,

We made huge MIDI improvements to version 3.0 and tested across many different interfaces and keyboards - we haven't been able to replicate any stuck notes anymore.

Other users who've had a stuck note issue have been able to solve it by making sure all the firmware on their interfaces are up-to-date. That's my best suggestion - to make sure everything is up-to-date on the iRig and Roland. I'll see if we can come up with any other ideas.

Cheers,
    Jessie
  • You're not alone Fubar. I have the same problem and want to use the incredible sounds of Galileo but this is not yet possible to live.
    We still waiting... ;))
  • Hi BvDurruti,

Can you describe your set up?

Thanks!
    Jessie
  • Of course;
    iPad Air2 / iPad Pro 9,7, iRig2 / AlesisIO2, Maudio Keystation 88 / Keystation 61 MK2.
    Sustain pedal for drive Rotor speed.
    I spend exactly the same as FUBAR.

Thank you very much

J. Beltrán
  • Okay - my best advice is still to make sure all the firmware on everything is up to date. Some users that have had stuck notes have been able to solve their issue by updating the firmware on everything.
  • I have continuous stuck notes for lower keyboard and bass pedals with Technics GX7 organ and Galileo (in Ipad 3rd generation). Upper keyboard works perfectly, but lower and bass starts playing continuously, immediately I touch a key. Only the panic button or pressing twice keyboard hold (L) or (B) button helps. All sustain switches from GX7 are in off position and no MIDI loops appears, the MIDI In is disconnected from GX7, Any ideas what causes the problem?
  • Problem solved. Issue was cheap MIDI USB adapter. Roland UM-ONE Mk2 saved the day.
  • Awesome! Thanks for letting us know!
  • edited February 2018
    Been using the Galileo 3.0 through an iPad Air at rehearsals for the last few months and the ‘stuck keys’ issue still persists. This problem happens every time we rehearse, whether we are using Galileo by itself or while running other keyboard apps in the background or using Galileo by itself. We have used M-Audio Keystation49 and now an Alesis V61, but the results have been the same. Notes get stuck ‘on’ and the only way I found to get them unstuck is to change voices. Unfortunately, this issue makes Galileo completely unworkable for live gigs. Yonac needs to go back to Square #1 with this app and figure out what the problem is, because as it stands now, in spite of all the bells and whistles, the app is a zero.
  • Everything should be running smoothly - it's likely an issue with your setup, but we can help you troubleshoot. What are you using to connect to your keyboards? Is the firmware on everything up to date?