Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please add midi in to play steel guitar with a keyboard

Hello Yona team. I just bought steel guitar, and its amazing. It's by far the best guitar app I used. I really think that if you add the option to play the guitar with a midi keyboard it will kill all other guitar apps. I am looking for a long time for an app I can play guitar sounds with my keyboard, and that the sound will be premium... the sound in steel guitar is just amazing!!!

Unless this feature is already available, please consider adding it ...

Thanks so much for your time and continue making great apps,

Shaul.

Comments

• Hi Shaul,

Unfortunately, we cannot implement MIDI to control Steel Guitar's sounds with a keyboard. MIDI does not allow legato sounds, so there is no way to do that.

Cheers,
    Jessie
  • Hi Jessie, thanks for getting back to me..
    I actually meant a version without the legato, only midi playing, with pitch bend, and maybe mod for tremolo...of course a midi keyboard can't do this yet (except the roli seaboard)...but to even to use this guitar sound even without the slides on a midi keyboard would still be epic in my opinion.

Thanks for your time :)
  • There is an evolving "standard" around expressive MIDI controllers on how to send MIDI messages for the most common methods of expression. You may have seen the ROLI products that implement what they call 5D touch. They just release a low cost controller called BLOCKS that does this. It is being sold in the Apple Store now. But --- my favorite right now is the Artiphon which would be extremely fun to play with Steel Guitar. It already has the exact same physical configuration that Steel Guitar has and you should be able to sell a copy of this app to everyone who has one of these controllers since it sounds soooo good. The Artiphon is only $400 and the new ROLI BLOCKS are even cheaper. I would be happy to help you test this feature and then post a review on the Artiphon forum for you if you are up for it. I love the sounds of this app.