Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ToneStack tempo sync

I have been trying to get tone stack metronome to sync to the midi clock of other apps. So far I've been unsuccessful. Can you tell me the settings I should use for this? It seems like I've been through them all yet the metronome will not sync to other apps.

Comments

• What other apps? The other apps need to be able to send Midi Clock, then you need to make sure Tonestack is setup to receive Midi Clock under Settings>Midi>Midi Devices. Lastly, make sure Tonestack is not set to use its internal clock by turning it off under Settings>Midi>Use Internal Clock.

If you're doing all that, specify what apps you're trying to sync to.
  • edited November 2016
    Thanks for the response!

Trying to clock sync Loopy and/or QuantiLoop. I've so far had inconsistent success with Quantiloop and none at all with Loopy.

I want to be able to tap tempo in my looper and have the delays and such in ToneStack match the tempo. Sometimes it works with Quantiloop and other times it is way faster (2x or 4x) and other times no response at all.
  • Can't test Loopy as a Master right now, but I've definitely done this using MidiBus as a clock master for Loopy and ToneStack. MidiBus does nothing other than provide clock, and has midi methods for both setting tempo directly via midi, and using a tap tempo source.

If I get a chance to test Loopy as a master clock source to TS, I'll follow up.
  • Thanks. I will give this a try.
  • No problems syncing ToneStack to Loopy.

In Loopy, go to Settings>Clock Sync and make sure Midi Sync is on. Then go to Clock Destinations on the same page and select ToneStack.

In ToneStack, just make sure Use Internal Clock is turned off in Settings.