Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ToneStack vs ToneStack Go?

Hello all

I found ToneStack Go in the App Store but I could not find any mention of it on the web site. What is the difference between the two?

Thx

Comments

• Tonestack is the paid version obviously and it comes with a bunch of amps and pedals to start you off. Tonestack GO is a free version with one amp and a few pedals for free.

If you buy all the upgrades IAP in either it is exactly the SAME (price and features). I recommend just doing tonestack regular (not go) and buying motherload 2.0 and it unlocks everything.

My reasoning is
    if someone ever wants to jam with you thru a USB interface you can download tonestack go (since it's free) and let them play thru that so your guitars arent getting muddled in one app

Otherwise if you just upgrade tonestack go and someone wants to jam you have to buy regular Tonestack as well and it end up being more expensive.

Sorry if that was confusing.

Just saying they're the same but if you gonna buy everything I recommend just getting regular Tonestack and doing the motherload. Totally worth it! Favorite amp/pedal sim ever

• Well, I think the best bet is to buy Motherload in Tonestack GO due to the inclusion of everything not having to give the initial fee (buying Tonestack).
    If Yonac did the same as IK Multimedia with Amplitube and In-App Purchases were unlocked in both apps having to pay only once then the paid app would also be worth having (2 instances of the app = double of presets and configurations).

I didn't get the jamming option that @panthemusicalgoat says, but if a friend wanted to jam with me then he could use the app in my device (account) or download Tonestack GO on his account...

I got the paid version anyways because I didn't know the quality of the app and didn't plan to buy as many FX as the motherloads bring, but when sales come every now and then I tend to buy new packs and in the end I've payed more. So, I repeat, if someone plans to buy everything then he/she could save at least something $.
  • Motherload in tonestack go is $94. Its $84 in paid tonestack and unfortunately because tonestack does not make you sign in like amplitude there's no carry over.

If you have a USB interface like prosonus itwo with multiple inputs you can run tonestack go alongside tonestack tho and play guitar thru one app and guitar/bass thru the other.
  • edited January 2017
    Btw I think motherload is discounted tho so it's not as expensive as I previously mentioned. My point is that despite what you choose it's gonna be the same price is you purchase everything so it doesn't matter. However if you want to run multiple instances of the app on the same device for multiple instruments it makes more sense to purchase the paid version since downloading go (for the 2nd instrument) is free. Otherwise you'd pay for the GO upgrade and then have to purchase the paid version if you wanted to run another instance of the app

Sorry if that was confusing.

Bottom line both apps are the same once you upgrade them.