Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bizzare magellan (jr) behavior

Really strange behavior in magellan while loopy is running in the background (not thru audiobus just both running). The glissando slide and appeggiator get totally off key and weird. I have no idea what's causing it. Loopy doesn't seem to sending any midi so I'm not sure what's happening

Comments

• Even more strange. When I plug into my prosonus audio interface the problem goes away and reappears when unplug the interface
  • edited April 2017
    Also happens with nanostudio open in the background. Very strange

Help please?
  • Did you try a delete and reinstall? Remember to backup any user saved presets or recordings you have first.
  • edited May 2017
    I just tested it and It has something to do with playback thru speakerphone vs interface/headphones. I'm using a iPhone 6s Plus and I remember there being an issue with phone speakers have a weird sampling rate?

The issue doesn't happen thru usb interface or while wearing headphones. It only happens when playing thru the phone speakers. So i guess it's an easy fix of just using my headphones or my interface. Audiobus and a lot of apps seem to have issues with phone speakers. I remember seeing a thread about it
  • edited May 2017
    Yeah the iPhone plus phone speaker is locked at 48000 sample rate instead of 44000. Its an across the board issue with apps

SOLUTION: use headphones, aux speakers or interface. This one is on Apple I guess
  • It happened the other day at a show thru a USB interface. Running thru audiobus into loopy. Restarted everything and kept happening. Ruining the performance and it kind of sounded like an really out of tune guitar. Any idea why this is happening? It's so odd
  • A guaranteed way to reproduce the bug is to open magellan and then open loopy and try to play it thru the iPhone (6s Plus) speakers. 10.3.1 ios
  • Appearently this is connected as well to audiobus version. Doesnt happen in 2 but does in audiobus 3
  • Also background audio doesn't ever seem to stay on between app launches. Not a huge deal but it'd be cool if that stayed switched on so I didn't have to go in prefs everytime
  • Magellan jr is still being crazy in audiobus 3. Notes are out of key and glissando is totally messed up