Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Magellan won't work with lightening adapter earphones

If I plug in a pair of lightening earphones (Apple's own lightening EarPods or Libertone Q Adapt in-ear phone) and then launch Magellan then there is an alert dialog that pops up saying "Another app is controlling hardware sample rate .....".
After dismissing the dialog however then Magellan is silent.

If Magellan is first started and then the earphones are plugged in, then now there is sound however it is crackly, too crackly to be able to use the app.

As lightening is now the norm for iOS devices, and as Magellan won't work correctly even with Apple's lightening EarPods, then this is a serous issue imo.

(Using iPad air 2, iOS 10.3.1)

Comments

• If I use a pair of earphones connected to the standard earphone jackport then there are no problems. However using a jackport with Apple is a fast disappearing option.
  • Do your lightning adaptor headphones work with all your other iOS music apps? Magellan was designed to work with the headphone jack or iPad speaker output. Most MIDI hardware or music creation-designed lightning connections work correctly. I'm not sure what you are using exactly, but maybe it was designed primarily for iPhone 7?
  • Using my lighting adaptor head phones on my iPad they work with all my other synths and sound great. When I start Magellan with them plugged in I get no sound at all and if I start Magellan first, as the poster above has stated I get very crackly sound. Yes these are my iPhone 7 headphones but they work perfectly with all my other synths such as Moog Model 15, Addictive synth, Korg ARP Odyssey, and others.

Still I'm pleased I bought it as it sounds GREAT without headphones.
  • edited May 2017
    @Jessie, yes I have about 20 soft synths and other assorted apps. Both of my lightening earphones work perfectly with all of them. The problem is specific to Magellan.
  • @mungbeans Yeah, when we obviously didn't intend for that connection to be used. We'll take a look at it in the next update. Sorry it currently does not work for your setup. You and contact Apple for a refund if needed and/or if you want any promo codes for our other apps, shoot me a message here or jessie @ yonac . com
  • I have the same problem with blue-tooth headphones. Other synths work fine, but no sound for this app. Any fixes or upcoming fixes for this problem?
  • Magellan does not support audio out over Bluetooth yet. It will in the next update.