Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Galileo become an iOS Audio Unit?

Hi Yonac,

I've sent a few emails asking this, no reply as yet, so I joined the forum.

Will Galileo be an AUv3?

Slowly but surely I am deleting IAA apps from my iPad - with the exception of the Gadget related stuff - and some FX apps.

Galileo is one that I would Love to keep, but as is, wont get much use, too much hassle these days to save presets for different sessions etc etc..

Magellan was one of the first synths I ever bought, but is no longer on the pad, hope that changes too.

You have some quality apps, hope they keep up with the ever changing iOS. AUv3 is the way (I'm sure you know).

Anyway, cheers!

King

Comments

• Hi King,

Thanks for the kind words :) Audio Units are a long complicated topic... we would love to add it to Galileo, but it's not that simple. For us to make Galileo (or any existing app) an audio unit, it would need to be completely re-written, a project that would take many months. We understand AUv3 is the future (our new synth KASPAR has it and is available this week), but it's unlikely that our existing apps will have AUv3 added, and more likely would be included with a future organ we design.

Cheers,
    Jessie
  • edited July 2017
    Cheers Jessie,

Can a person be happy and sad at the same time... I guess I just was.

Well there is a possibility of an AU organ in the future.

Galileo best organ right now, it may join the Gadget folder - so to speak - not sure I could part with it.

All the best with KASPAR and the rest.

King
  • edited June 2018

Hey Yonac/Jessie,

—————

“A modern classic reenvisioned!
    The best organ on iOS just got even better in the form of an all-new, universal app.
    New modeling technology for even more realistic tones, more organ models, more FX, more parameters, more customization, more of everything.
    Extensive MIDI features, Inter App Audio, and yes, glorious AUv3.
    Landing in the App Store on June 20th”

—————

Excellent!

Looking forward to this :-)

Could you (Jessie) or anyone, tell us a little about the 'user' presets. I’m not really expecting (but hoping) for them to be transferable between Galileo(1) and Galileo Organ 2.
    However can you tell me if we (at least) still have the factory presets from version one?

Cheers,

King

• Hello! User presets will be transferrable - so you can transfer your presets from Galileo Organ 1 to Galileo Organ 2. There are brand new factory presets in 2, but again - you can transfer Galileo Organ 1's factory presets to 2 if you like.

Cheers,
    Jessie

• edited June 2018

;-)

Very excellent!

Yes, I'll transfer all I guess, as 2 will become 1, meaning, version '1', will have 2 go..

;)

King

• Sadly I lost the Galileo 2 announcement and couldn't to buy with the promotional price. There are some coupon to Galileo 1 users do the upgrade to new version?

• edited October 2018

Come on man.... Yonac is a small company and they're not going to be around if they don't have sales to pay people. $15 dollars is nothing. If you are really that broke (no shame in it, I have been before as well) borrow a $5 from three friends. Don't ask yonac to to give you a discount. Yonac employees deserve to pay their bills. Not trying to be rude, but small business struggle

• I need someone to recommend the best gadget among those listed on this site?

Gadget reviews