Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tonestack crash with midi simultaneous pc and cc

Hello,

I'd just like to signal that Tonestack 3 crashes when receiving a midi program change and a midi cc at the same time.

I have the Keith Mcmillen softstep, and my pads are programed to control both the change of preset, and a wha pedal via cc.

As soon as I change to a preset where a cc is set up, the app crashes.

I hope it can be fixed,

Comments

• I have just now posted a support ticket with exactly this problem. In my own case I'm using an FCB1010 with UnO firmware and the Yamaha MD-BT01 bluetooth adaptor. I'm running TS on an iPad mini 2 (look great). When the FCB sends a programme change alone that works fine. But when it also sends associated stompbox updates (which are sent as CCs) it crashes instantly. It's a big shame because the MIDI implementation in ToneStack is excellent.
  • I'd like to submit this issue again here. It's been more than a year, and I have received no response from yonac.
    Tonestack is an excellent app, but this issue is a real problem, as the app purely crashes and messes up any AB/IAA setup it was in.

Looking forward to a fix soon,

• Hello @cpg ,

It's been a while, but I still have the issue with crashing & midi.

What about you, have you found a workaround?

Did you have an answer from Yonac?

@Jessie : could you please give us a feedback?

• Hi, sorry, haven't used ToneStack for a while. But I've just now been trying again and, yes, I'm still having the same problem even though I've updated the MD-BT01 to the latest firmware. The app doesn't appear to have been updated at all for the last year. I'd use an alternative but the MIDI implementation in TS is, in theory, perfect. Maybe that's the problem - too many things to go wrong. Shame.

• Does anybody from Yonac ever look at this support forum? The product is not working as advertised - can someone please respond to that fact?

• I don’t think so. No responses to the forum and no responses to my emails requesting some help. To me it is one of the best guitar apps out there. But if they have no intention to update it, provide a better user manual, or respond to consumers it will be time to move on. Sad, as I just really discovered using it and really like it.

• Yes, looks like there's nobody home at Yonac. Poor form to continue to sell software that has known problems with no active support. From a commercial perspective it looks like Positive Grid has won.