Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FX Levels in Tonestack

Is it just me or do a lot of the FX, even when they appear to be at unity gain, change the levels drastically? The splitter and some of the EQ's even set flat drop the volume a lot for me, but I could be doing something wrong. Is anyone else noticing this?

Comments

• edited October 2017
    Yeah. It drops main level about -6 dB. I think the reasoning for this is that it's a digital signal and if you started boosting a freq it without cutting the reset of the frequencies it would just clip and sound bad. You can always set the eq main to +6db and it should be back at the normal level.

Also bear in mind that most EQ converts your signal to mono (which is fine because the guitar comes in mono). The exceptions are the Graphic EQ and the acoustic EQ (might be a few others as well) which are both stereo

Good luck!
  • Is there a way to fine control the controls? Like the way you would hold control or shift or whatever in a VST to make finer adjustments?
  • Theres knob response in settings->app settings
  • Ahh thanks! I'll check it out...I finally just bought the last of the motherlodes...This app is seriously awesome! I ran that fiddlicator so I could load up my favorite impulse responses instead of the included cabinets, but honestly, I was able to get it to sound just as good (better even?) with the cabs in Tonestack....totally blown away...This was supposed to be like a three day experiment for an article and some podcast appearances, and I had meant to just jump back to my computer and my regular hardware, but now...Seriously I am hooked...Tonestack is AWESOME!
  • edited October 2017
    Agreed. I'm also hooked. Lemme know when the article is out I'd love to check it out
  • This is the word salad I'll be picking through as I write about the whole iOS thing. My server lost my original website, so they're slowly adding it back in from archives, so the links likely won;t work, but this post should show. http://pipelineaudio.net/2017/10/05/my-ios-guitar-journey/