Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Galileo MIDI channel using iMIDIPatchbay

Galileo is my first iOS synth (organ) app. I'm using iMIDIPatchbay to control program changes and splits in my live rig (two keyboards and one rack module). The interface I use is iConnectMIDI4+.

I'm trying to set up a split in iMIDIPatchbay between the Master 1 keyboard and Galileo. I have something similar using Master 1 and my rack module (Extern 1 in iMIDIPatchbay). I can assign Galileo as the output device for Extern x, but when I assign a channel other than 1, Galileo does not respond. If I select channel 4 in both Galileo and iMIDIPatchbay, for example, Galileo does not respond.

Also, even using Channel 1, I cannot get Galileo to respond to program changes sent by iMIDIPatchbay. I have iMIDIPatchbay sending the following to change to the "Red Light" preset, for example: MSB=5, LSB=0, Program=5.

If anyone has successfully used iMIDIPatchbay to send note information to Galileo on a channel other than 1, and to send program changes also, please respond and let me know if there's something I'm missing. Seems like it should be straightforward to accomplish this. Thanks.

Comments

• In Galileo in the PREFS screen, there are MIDI settings. Each manual has it's own channel. You'll have to also look at the "inputs" button. If iMIDIPatchbay is not on that list or turned on, it won't work. The program changes also have their own channel selection on that screen.

Jessie
  • edited January 2018
    Thanx a lot for this response!