Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recording Acoustic Guitars in Tonestack

Anybody successfully recorded a mic'd up acoustic through ToneStack? If so, what did you use and did it sound alright.

Comments

• edited February 2018
    I have used it. This is really comfortable method if you know how to work with it. So you need to have great experience in sound recording
  • edited March 2018
    Yeah. The acoustic amp does a pretty good job of amping it right but you need to turn the sim part off first

You also can play it thru clean amps or just use a few pedals or just use reverb without an amp
  • I have a K&K pure mini in my main acoustic. I like to record it garage band by plugging into a Presonus AudioBox iTwo and recording the K&K output running through Tonestack and also micing the room and recording that dry then mixing the two for a good natural sound.
  • Yea I've noticed the acoustic amp (turn off the sim switch) does a good job but also it makes the sound a bit tinny (like a bandpass filter). Also some of that is my electric acoustic. Gotta play with the knobs a bit

Also like I said just running it thru EQ and a reverb pedal sounds nice as well