Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stereo effects routing in tonestack

Avid Tonestack user here. I'd like to play around with setting up a stereo guitar rig, and had a question about how to route the audio chain within Tonestack. If I place a stereo effect before a mono amp or mono effect in the chain, does it then revert back to a mono signal? In other words, do the stereo effect(s) need to come after all of the other mono units in the chain? If the previous question is true, and I absolutely wanted the effects to come before the amp, how could I go about doing that? Thanks.

Comments

• Yes, you are correct - if a stereo effect comes before a mono, it will collapse to mono (just like it would in real-world effects). You can use the ABY switch to split the signal.
  • Thanks the ABY box did the trick. One other question. Will the volume pedal revert the signal to mono? Somewhere there needs to be a concise list of all the stereo effects.
  • edited March 2018
    Can you tell me which effects offer true stereo input & output? I only see the DLX reverb and Graphic EQ that mentions it in the description. Are there any others? There's a few that say they offer "stereo processing" but I'm guessing those are mono in, stereo out ... the Scanner, Hex EQ, Flanger 2X, Phased 'N Confuzed, etc.
  • I did a little playing around last night with effects in different orders, and it sounded like "The Duplicator" is mono in/stereo out, and Flanger 2X, Phased 'N Confuzed, and Stereo Chorus are stereo in/out. Therefore The Duplicator should be placed before other stereo effects in the chain.
  • If I put ABY after a stereo effect, will it be summed to mono?