Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Set up Expression Pedal for Wah sweep control

Struggled with this one for a bit. Haven't done midi since the 90's. But I digress...

Once I figured it out, seemed like something worth sharing for other idiots like me. :-)

Quick tutorial (FWIW: I'm using BlueBoard and a standard expression pedal). The following assumes that you've paired your Bluetooth MIDI controller and the expression pedal is plugged in.

1. After adding a Wah pedal to signal chain, click SETTINGS => MIDI => MIDI Learn (Units). Every midi controllable function in your signal chain will now appear green.
2. Go to your signal chain and double click the Wah rocker. The MIDI Learn Options window will open and the rocker control will turn Red.
3. Enter the CC that matches the setting you're using for your expression pedal (For example, I've set my expression pedal to CC 10 in my system) then click "SET" (you have to do this after each setting)
4. Next, set the channel to the channel your expression pedal is sending changes on (I'm just using OMNI). Again, click "SET"
5. If you want the pedal's zero position to turn OFF the wah, click the "State Control" on.
6. Click Done. in the upper corner of the MIDI Learn Options window.

Next: Repeat the above steps for the "Amount" control on the wah. After you've finished and clicked on "Done" in the MIDI Learn Options window, click on the DONE button in the far upper right of Tonestack.

That should do it. Worked for me...

Comments