Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Galileo 2 = AUv3

edited June 2018 in General

Hi Yonac/Jessie,

Great release, on schedule and in working 'AUv3' order ;-)

Liking what I’m hearing and seeing so far..

—————

An issue I’d like to point out:
Is there a reason that the V2 keyboards plays one octave higher than V1, even though the C keys are the same number?

Haven’t found anything in Preferences for transpose etc, so seem like a bug?

The only reason I noticed is because I was transferring (and comparing) presets, as we discussed here: http://www.yonac.com/forum.html#/discussion/3625/will-galileo-become-an-ios-audio-unit

Cheers

King

Comments

• Thanks for the kind words! What you described is not a bug - We simply relabeled the keys on the virtual keyboard to bring it in line with standard MIDI note naming conventions. So for example, what used to be C4 in the old app is now called C3. That’s why everything feels like an octave higher. Other than that, the number of keys and the MIDI note numbers they are assigned internally are identical. It’s just the labels now start with C1 instead of C2.

• That’s cool, understandable and had a feeling it was something along those lines.

I’ve just done a few test (both standalone and AUv3), and if I slide/transpose, or enlarge the keyboard(s), the app remembers (saves-state) the position it was last in, when it restarts/loads.
    In AUv3 it will remain in that same position even after loading many instances. So all is well!

(I think I prefer it 1 octave lower like V1). ;)

—————

Anyway!
    I’m hoping Kauldron gets the full screen treatment as well. Double tapping in AUM and getting the built-in keyboards is great, without having to manually stretch the units window.

Cheers,

King