Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tone Stack - MIDI control tape deck?

Hey Tone Stackers. Thinking about getting a Blue Board to compliment my iPad-only geetar setup. I use the built-in Tape Deck for solo show backing tracks (really cool by the way) and wondering if it's possible to MIDI-assign play / pause etc. ? That would be super handy for gigs.

Thanks guys, -Rob (LOS TORNILLOS)

Comments

• That’s one thing I would love to see as well. It would be great for solo gigging. What would make it the killer app for solo players would be if you could associate a track with a preset and it could load that track into the tape player ready when you swapped prsets. Now, that would be brilliant.

• Nope, that doesn't exist yet, but we hope to add it in the future.

• Cool, look forward to seeing it at some stage if you get a chance. Loving the app as is anyway!

• edited July 2018

Yep, would definitley love to see that in a future release.

• But wouldn't the same preset be typically used for multiple songs?

Each song starts with some preset, though, so I would rather define a playlist for the tape player and enable each playlist item to be associated with a performance group entry. That would also support different presets for the same song in different playlists.

Both approaches could be supported, but then there should be a clear precedence rule to cope with conflicts (playlist track loads a performance group entry, and the patch loads another track). I guess it is enough to say that if a performance group entry is autoloaded by the playlist, any track entry in the corresponding patch will be skipped.