Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iOS 12.4 Disabling Recording of all IAA and AU tracks in GarageBand

edited July 2019 in Support

Just updated to iOS 12.4 on my iPad Pro and now am unable to record using any tracks with IAA or AU inputs. I checked other apps, not just Yonac, and all are having this problem so I believe it’s an iOS issue. I also checked with my iPhone running iOS 12.4 and it does NOT have this problem. Anyone else experiencing this same problem?

I should also mention that I did not update my iPad Air to 12.4 and everything still works fine, so it’s definitely somehow related to 12.4.

Comments

• Beginning to think others don’t have this same issue or don’t record the same way I do?

• We haven't checked eerything yet, but we couldn't replicate this problem in our new app, Roxsyn. But also, Apple will end support for IAA, so we will be creating new versions or ending support for our existing IAA-only apps.
    And I don't think you are alone - there is a warning on the Audiobus forum to NOT update to 12.4, so I think the problem is pretty common.

• Thanks for the update, Jessie. I sure hope Yonac is able to transition Steel Guitar to work as an AU plugin... it is seriously my most valuable tool in my kit right now. I’ve used it for literally many hundreds of recordings ever since it was introduced. Thanks again.