Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roxsyn cuts out, sometimes never comes back

This often happens when the input is "too loud," though it doesn't appear so in the meter. The sound output gets weaker and weaker and eventually disappears, or almost. It may come back after a few seconds of inactivity. Sometimes it stays off and the app has to be unloaded before anything can be heard again.

Turning it on and off through AudioBus sometimes catches some after-release sound, revealing that the app is indeed processing, but there's something in it lowering the gain.

Anyone else having this problem? Running iOS 12.1 on an 1st Gen iPad pro 12.9 inch.

Comments

• After a further day of research, I can say Ive found the cause of the problem. Here it is:

The sustain of the input instrument (electric guitar) is such that, when an envelope triggers, it stays triggered so long as any sound keeps going into the input. If the envelope ends with a zero volume (quite common in the presets), or with a very low cut-off frequency (also common), the output becomes inaudible until all sound from the input stops and the trigger resets.

Fiddling with the trigger Threshold and Dynamics knobs gets the trigger sort of working, but it is incredibly fidgety and just as likely to trigger randomly as to not trigger at all. The manual does not explain clearly what these knobs control, and so it is very difficult to find a setting that will trigger reliably.

A quick solution is to disable all time-dependent behavior of the filters, but somehow I don't think this is why the app was designed this way. Otherwise, let's wait until the developer fixes the trigger mechanism and its settings, which right now is quite unreliable and hard to use.

• Having exactly the same problem but not with all presets, mainly the synths.

• I have the same problem. Has anybody an advice how to fix this problem in an easy way?