Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tonestack: Lag when changin preset via midi

Hello,

I'm facing a strange issue here:
I just changed my iPad Pro 9.7 on ios 9.3 for a new iPad mini 5 on ios 12.2.

What I observe now, is that when I send a midi PC to Tonestack, it can take till 5 seconds to change the preset.
However, it doesn't occur systematically. It is like, a preset needs to be loaded at least once, and then it loads (almost) immediately.

Am I the only one in that case?
Why does that occur?
How does Tonestack manages the preset change?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reminder :
    I still have the above problem.

• Hello @Jessie ,

I know, you've been busy with the release of Magellan2, however, a follow-up would be much apreciated.

Thanks,

• Hi! We haven't had other reports of that, but we'll look into it. It might be a scheduling issue with iOS.

• Hello @Jessie ,

Sorry to come back with this issue but it is annoying as hell.

I use Tonestack for live performance, and it takes till 2seconds to load a preset.

I didn't have this problem with my iPad Pro 9.7 128Gb 1st gen under ios 9.3.

Now, I own an iPad mini 5 256Gb under ios 12.2.

Once a preset has been load, it can be recalled instantly afterwards. Until I cycle through dozen of presets, and then Tonestack struggles to load it up again.

It's like a little less than 10 presets are buffered and when a preset has not been stored it takes time to load it.

Could it be an issue with the access time to the hard drive? Maybe the 256Gb of my iPad is a factor?