Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tonestack - Output unexpectedly stops working while playing. iPad 12.3 3rd Gen 13.x OS

Hello,

New customer after purchasing TS with Motherload license. I sent the following via email to yonac support.

While playing, my output stops unexpectedly. This seems related to two effects in my chain.

My created preset is called MyRIG. From Left to Right:
Super Gain Amp ( Active) > Fu-Tron IV (Not Active) > Compsustain (Active) > Green Tube (Not Active) > ZoneVerb (Active)

While playing the output stops. In the upper menu button; Audio Prefs In / Out indicators show the following:

• In: is active when I strum my guitar it changes, as it should.
  • Out: is solid green to Red. It does not move.

• If if toggle OFF both Compsustain and ZoneVerb, my sound is back.

• If I make only one of these active again, the output is stopped.

UPDATE. The ONLY way I am able to get sound back is to go to the iPad settings > Tonestack, and Toggle the Mic setting.
It currently shows as ON; I toggle it to OFF then back ON. I navigate back to Tonestack and the output is working again.

Why is this happening? Ipad 12.9 3rd Gen, latest OS.

Thanks,

J

Comments

• Hi! Have you tried deleting and reinstalling ToneStack? Remember to backup and user-created presets or recordings first. Let me know if it still happens.

• Hi Jessie,

Thanks for replying.

By lowering my input / output ‘level’ settings in the Audio Preferences, the problem does not ‘seem’ to occur. But I have to continue testing this theory by turning them up again. I also have Simulation Quality “Very High”, buffer is anywhere from 64 to 256.

In the App, you indicate for the level settings to set them to what sounds best based on my interface. I am using the TS Mega Commander by MeloAudio. It too has it’s own Input and Output level adjustments. In ToneStack, I prefer to have the levels a little ‘hot’, meaning peaking into the red sometimes.

I will continue to use the app and see if I can reproduce the issue based on my theory before following your recommendation to reinstall it. This way we know under what circumstances it occurs in case there is an issue you need to address.

Thanks again,

J