Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help getting sweep feature to work via MIDI on TS Go

Im using TS Go with an iPad 5th gen. An iRig Blueboard is my control unit connected to a Behringer FC600 expression pedal.

TS will recognize my pedal easy enough and I have no issues with the responsiveness. What Im trying to figure out is how to get my Expression pedal to actually sweep a WAH pedal. At the current moment if I have the control on State rocking the pedal will either turn the unit on or off. Ive tried changing the port to which Ive connected the pedal into the Blueboard and all that does in MIDI Learn is switch the CC from 13 to 12. Is this all the functionality I can get from this setup? I mean its better than nothing but Id like to be able to use WAH pedals as intended.

Comments

• Hi, hope this helps in some way.
    (I have been using TS 3 and now TS Pro and not TS Go, so not sure if it works the same. I use two expression pedals live with one assigned to the wah)

I think you 1st need to make sure your expression pedal and midi controller is actually sending out the “sweep” values and not just “0” and “127”. If it is the latter then the wah “rocker” pedal will just go to these two positions- fully up or fully down.

Easiest way to check is to assign your expression midi controller cc number to a dial (rotary knob) of the wah or to a rotary dial in any other pedal or amp and see if it actually “sweeps” between zero and full - ie the dial/rotary knob must move gradually between zero and “full”.

If your midi controller is actually sending out the “sweep” values between 0 and 127 ( in other words all the values from 0,1,2,3,4,…125,126,127) then it should work with wah.

Once you have checked this, let us know. Then we can move to the next steps.

• … also from your post it is clear that your expression and midi controller sends out the data for midi controller change number 12. So you need to set the midi cc of the dial or rocker pedal in the app to 12. You still beed to make sure that the Blueboard is sending the sweep values on cc 12.

• Hi! You can use MIDI Learn to assign your pedal to the sweep value in ToneStack GO. The sweep pedal is located on the left side of the unit. Make sure the pedal's on/off value is NOT assigned to the CC value of the physical MIDI controller pedal you are using.
    Jessie