Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steel Guitar Midi not working

Hi, I love the sounds on Steel Guitar and I bought the whole ench.
But on my iPhone XR, I have never been able to get the app to respond to MIDI, neither virtual or hardware. I have tried everything.

Comments

• Hello! Sorry for any confusion - Steel Guitar does not have MIDI out. The legato sounds can't be sent over MIDI.

• Hi Jessie, I am referring to midi in. No virtual or hardware device will work with the app. I have multitudes of devices and apps that work fine. This app is an exception.

• edited September 2021

Ok, I was able to get bank MSB and program change to work using the free midi wrench app. But ‘note on’ does nothing. I confirmed background audio is on and working by strumming and the swiping away from Steel Guitar to another app.

• Sorry, I should have explained my response in detail earlier. Steel Guitar does not have MIDI Out, this means that you cannot control the notes with a MIDI device. You can only use MIDI to control program changes and the banks.

• Oh, ok, thanks. I had no idea that was related to MIDI out. Too bad though because how awesome that would be to use a controller like geoshred. I imagine it would be difficult to implement with such cool sounds.

• I think what you are trying to do is to operate the pedals with notes. That doesn't work only cc messages. Use mfxConvert you can convert notes to cc or pc messages. The new SG Pro does take midi note in but the pedals still need cc messages. I wish we could post video on this site to explain the set up.