Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tonestack PRO AUV3 implementation

Hey guys,
Just bought Tonestack Pro and the pot of gold IAP. I was having trouble setting up local CC automation.
I have all the Yonac synths and they work great in AUM, but tonestack doesn't have any incoming routing options.

I see there is a 'midi in virtual midi app' setting, but it doesn't seem to do anything?

I found a workaround to create a local network session loop using a utility app called 'MIDI Network'
using this I can route all outgoing network midi to incoming, and therefore have AUM midi controls working in Tonestack, but its a workaround...

PLEASE add incoming auv3 midi controller support! It will make everyone's life a lot easier.

I found that AUV3 bluetooth midi isn't working either. It works in tonestack standalone, but not when as auv3.

Thanks,
Danny.

Comments

• Hi,

Seems like nobody is responding, so I will try to help. I have multiple instances of ToneStack Pro running in AUM along with other plugins/apps. I also don’t use any 3rd party midi routing. Only the AUM routing. Will try to take some screenshots to add to my response - which I will submit in a few days.

(BTW, I am using AUM for live gigs with extensive midi control using a midi foot controller and sometimes also automated actions via midi from a sequenced track)

• Hi Danny

I see this topic is not very active, but I do have the same problem.
    I try to MIDI Control ToneStack Pro (as a AUv3 inside AUM) from another AUv3 called FAC Envolver.

No matter what connections I enable, ToneStack does not respond to MIDI (although FAC Envolver is listed among the MIDI Sources available)

I wanted to try your workaround and downloaded the 'MIDI Network' App.
    Unless there is another one called similarly, the dev is Oscar Bouwmans.
    The app does nothing, or I don't know how to use it.

There are no

• Connections
    • Contacts
    • Found on the network.

If I try the + sign, the app asks for Name/Address/Port. I have no clue whatsoever as to what I should put in these fields

Would you mind giving a bit more details as to how you made this workaround by creating a network session loop ?

Thanks for the help
    Regards
    Manu

• Yonac have not bothered to let anyone know if they would address this issue.
    A shame, since workarounds for MIDI control should not be required, and the Pot o'gold bundle is rather expensive.
    At present, some controllers may be configured to send CC messages to Tonestack Pro within an AUv3 host, but the plugin does not advertise MIDI reception to the host (if implemented) and cannot be controlled from the host itself.
    This heavily complicates setup and onstage workflow, and keeps me from buying the full stack obviously.