Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upgrade to Tonestack Pro?

Hello I'm a long time TS user and I just saw that TSpro AUV3 is now available.
But can't find any upgrade option in my TS.
Is that not being offered at all?
Is TS pro being considered as a totally new app? What about all the gear I've purchased in TS3?
Do I have to buy all of that again?
What about all my saved patches? Will I have to re-invent them?
Or am I completely missing something?
Please give some clarification on this.
Regards,
flyashy

Comments

• It’s a new product, so there’s no upgrade path you have to buy it new. If you save your existing presets, you can import them into TS Pro.

To by honest though, I’ve got both and can’t tell much difference. I’ve had, unresolved, problems with the TapeDeck. Also, requested MIDI controls for TapeDeck years ago, supposed to be in this version, but wasn’t.

I’ve found I tend to use AUv3 plugins and IAA apps within my DAW now instead of ToneStack now.

• We don't have an upgrade path in ToneStack PRO.... we looked in to it, but it's not very easy to do in the app store. But there will be a big sale before Christmas, stay tuned to our Facebook and Twitter.

• @TimRyland thanks for the comment. I am a new user about back to buy my first version. Both version 3 and PRO are available for the same price on the App Store. Assume the better purchase would be the PRO version?

• Following this. I too am a Tonestack 3 user and am curious if all the fx and gear I've purchased will Xfer over to Pro if I purchase that or if the only way get the gear is to buy it in the new app.

• Hey all! Just to clarify - if you're a new user, please purchase the newer one, the PRO. I'll try to make that more clear in the iTunes descriptions.
    There is no upgrade path for existing users to upgrade from the old ToneStack to PRO. We really tried to look into, and it's just not possible or easy with the Apple format. But we frequently have sales with deep discounts. Another one will be happening soon!

• I know I am late to the party but I have just been discovering this issue. Guys, you are killing me with these “new version upgrades”. I spent a ton of money on this app, (much more than I normally would). And now I discover that to stay current, I have to buy a new version and likely repurchase all the add-ons that I purchased for THIS one? That feels really wrong to me. I own much of the stuff you produce going back a very long time and I have been a strong supporter, but after buying expensive updated versions of Galileo, and Magellan (I was mostly glad to support them even if they were costly because I love your software) I now discover I need to move to new versions of Steel Guitar and ToneStack and have no way to move my IAPs for either. Yeah, I’m sorry but I think I’m gonna have to let these go and focus my resources elsewhere. It’s too much of a burden on your loyal users if you ask me.