Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ToneStack 3 feedback issue

So all those years ago I did buy the motherlodes both 2 and 3.
I digress.
I’ve used TS3 for years now as an FX unit for drums and synths etc. no issues.
I’m now attempting to use it for guitar and no matter how I route it I have big feedback problems.
I’ve tried two different interfaces: iconnect4+ audio and old Behringher idock is202. I’ve tried it standalone, in Audiobus (2) and AUm and no matter how I set things up it feeds back uncontrollably I’ve tried it on my M1 ipad, I’ve tried it on my old ipad 3, I’ve tried it on my phone.
Example. Iconnect in use. Place in AUM. Set AUM channel input to USB1, put ToneStack on the insert. Set the channel output to USB 1 and 2, howling feedback (no, output 1and 2 are NOT routed to input 1and 2). Turn the inputs down, still feeds back. Turn the input volume trim down in ToneStack, that stops it but then the input isn’t hot enough. Load a high gain patch…feedback again. Try the headphone feedback toggle in TS, makes no difference. Etc
Try in the idock, Guitar into channel 2 (instrument channel), same result. Doesn’t matter how you route, how you set up monitoring, whether you run standalone.

‘Are your pickups microphonic?’, no, they’re not, they’re Entwistles. Also TS will feedback if absolutely nothing is plugged in. Turn the output down, still feeds back…how on earth can it feed back with the output down unless it’s internal?

I don’t know.

Totally stumped.

Any ideas?

Thx