Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ToneStack Pro AUv3 Delay Tempo Sync

I haven’t reported this before because I hardly ever use it, but delays switched to tempo sync doesn’t work correctly. The delays run faster than the note value they’re set for. I set up a delay in an AUM session for ¼ notes, turned on the sync switch and AUM’s metronome, and they are not together; the delays go a good bit faster. Anyone else have this problem?
All the ToneStack Pro delays I tried do the same thing.
I’ve had suggestions that this may be due to sample rate differences. Other delay apps (Nembrini, Virsyn AudioEffx) work correctly.
I’m on an iPad Air 3, iOS 15.5, about to update to 15.6.

Comments

• Hi gtrgeorge, Thank you for your post! It's been a while with no reply from yon - for App update..
    What you reported is very true. Tempo sync of Tonestack as AUv3 does not work!
    I as tested with AUM but as well with Loopy Pro.
    I'm on iPadAir 5, iPadOS 16.2.

Would you pls. comment on that Tonestack bug report Yonan dev. Team?

• sorry - too many typos..once again:

Hi gtrgeorge, Thank you for your post! It's been a while with no reply from yonac and eventually an App update..
    What you reported is very true. Tempo sync of Tonestack as AUv3 does not work!
    I have tested with AUM and as well with Loopy Pro.
    I'm on iPadAir 5, iPadOS 16.2.

Would you pls. comment on this Tonestack bug report Yonac dev. Team?

• Hey Yonac Team, could you pls. give an update when the delay sync with host (e.g. Loopy Pro, AUM, any other) for ToneStack Pro as auv3 plugin will work?
    Thank you

• We're taking a look at it, should have an update soon.

• It's not fixed in the recent update, but thx for adding it to the next.

• Yes, it will be fixed in the next update.

• Hi Jessie, I just installed the recent update of Tonestack Pro (V.1.2)
    Still Tonestacks delay is not in sync with the hosts tempo (Loopy Pro).
    I cannot see from the update notes if you changed anything regarding this issue.
    Switching the sync button in a Tonestack Delay model does something, but it's not syncing to the hosts tempo.
    Any update in sight solving this?

• Fingerstyler,

I shouldn’t hold your breath waiting for a fix. I asked if the Tapedeck/InStudio transport controls could be MIDI learn’able, so I could start them from an iRig Blueboard in 2018. Yonac stated it shouldn’t be too difficult and would be in a future release. Here we are in 2024 and guess what…., still not done.

• Hi Jessie, Hi Yonac people, the update is here and works perfect:
    Delays are in sync with the host tempo!
    Really great news, Tonestack is part of my workflow again!!
    Thank you so much!