Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tonestack Pro MIDI Reference

Hello. New to the forum and Tonestack Pro. I'm controlling it with a M Vave Chocolate bluetooth MIDI footswitch.

Looking for tips and tricks to be able to do the most with the least amount of buttons (4 + 4 buttons [short & long press] and 1 expression pedal).

On my Line 6 Helix I can simultaneously switch one effect off and another one on with a single button press. Can that be accomplished with my rig? I really want to be able to switch between wah and volume pedal on a single switch since I have only one expression pedal jack.

Through trial and error I found that for the ABY unit I can only choose one of the 3 settings with a single button press, with the selection based on the CC value (0 = A, 64 = B, 127 = Y). I had to use two separate buttons to change between A and B.

Thanks for any help. The manual is short and not very detailed. If anyone has or knows of a handy quick reference guide for MIDI control that would be very helpful.

Comments

• edited March 2023

Simple fix for volume vs. wah... in the patch save volume turned ON, wah turned OFF. Set both to toggle with the same CC. Currently using TStudio EQ 'VOL' parameter as a volume pedal, setting CC values to 0 (heel) and 64 (toe). Obviously it behaves in a linear fashion, unlike Helix which can be changed between liner and logarithmic. Maybe developers will add a volume pedal in a future revision.