Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Future Apple Silicon macOS support?

First, a huge "thank you" for creating some fantastic instrument apps for iPad & iPhone. I was an early buyer of the original Galileo and Magellan apps, and love the current v2 of both, along with Trooper which I picked up more recently.

I can't believe it's been so many years since I was first amazed to run your synths on an iPhone, and we've come a long way since then. I'm curious about future plans, and wondering if it's part of your roadmap to bring any/all of your catalog to macOS? Now into the third generation of Apple Silicon, I'm happy to see some of my favorite iOS/iPadOS apps becoming available for use on the Mac.

As I understand it, Apple leaves it up to the devs to "turn on" Mac support (but I realize it might be a lot more complicated than just 'flipping a switch'). And devs have the option to allow iOS app owners to have free access to the M1/Mac version, or they are able to charge additionally for that app. I'd bet there are lots of long term Yonac app users who would be glad to support you in porting the apps.

Every winter I take some time to sort through my music/production apps on iOS and Mac, filtering out some I rarely use, some that have fallen to the wayside or are abandoned, as well as purchasing fresh apps. It's becoming more important to me that an app is available on both platforms (macOS and iPadOS, not so much iPhone). I don't want to be limited by using an instrument when mobile with the iPad, and not having it available just the same at the desktop DAW. I bet I'm not alone in this.

Bottom line: this year is the first that I find myself making purchase decisions for new apps based on that "cross-platform" availability. While I am still buying iOS-only apps on occasion, I'm apt to pay more for one that is also available on the Mac side. Considerably more, even. Perhaps others can chime in on their current spending behavior and it could encourage you to test the waters with Apple Silicon support.

Thank you!

Comments

• Thanks for the kind words and the input! It's likely almost all our future apps will be cross-compatible with the Mac. Our next app will be for sure. We'll take a look at some of the older ones, to see if it's feasible.
    Cheers!
    Jessie