Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there going to be a ToneStack v4.0?

If so, what would you like to see in it......

Comments

• edited January 2018
    I haven't seen the admins on the forum for a couple months now. Maybe that means they're working on stuff or something. Dunno

I like to see warmer/more melodic distortion as well as an IR loader and maybe more dynamic response on the tube amps. The response feels a bit compressed sometimes. There was a wishlist thread for a while
  • Yes. We're working on an organ update now, and after that we'll focus on guitar.
    And yes, we read all the stuff on the forum, so definitely leave any ideas you have here!
  • Would love to see a really good DAW. inStudio is pretty good, but a bit limited. In in-app DAW would mean I could dispense with having to use Audiobus, etc..
  • We probably wouldn't add too much to inStudio, since it will be AUv3.
  • I think daw is unnecessary. Theres a million daw apps already that are IAA/audiobus/au3 compatible. Id rather see au and internal engine algorithm quality updates or new stuff
  • edited January 2018
    I'd vote for

IR loader
    Warmer distortion
    More dynamic tube response
    Some way to calibrate a good input level *

*usb interfaces are all vastly different and usually having knobs that don't click so it's very hard to keep a consistent good input level everytime I plug in. I spend ten minutes experimenting and no app has a good calibrate system. It should be optional obviously but it could be a neat added feature. Maybe it's unnecessary but it's an idea that might help
  • I would like a cool Freeze pedal.
  • Yes, I am using Big Reverb now, but it would still be cool to have a dedicated Freeze with its own fancy features.
  • edited February 2018
    One thing that I'd love to see in a future update would be for each unit to have it's own savable user presets. For instance I find my personal EQ settings rarely need to be changed, and every time I add the EQ to a signal chain I have to manually set all of the sliders again, toggling back and forth between the two so that I can see what the settings should be.

A tape saturation effect would be cool, but I've been using Master Record to accomplish this and the app is so well done that I don't think that could be topped.

• Love this app. Incredibly fun!

> “And yes, we read all the stuff on the forum, so definitely leave any ideas you have here!”

For next upgrade/v4 a couple things I’d love to see/my wishlist:

-A model of a Dumble amp....would be soooo sweet

-Friedman BE100

-Klon

-BK Butler Tube Driver

-An analog delay like the Boss DM-2/or the DM-2W “Waza” version

-Smoother “spring” reverbs. Love spring rvb, but the amp models & the pedal are a bit “bouncy”

Also, maybe more of a general q....but is there a way to make the octave pedals work better? Any of them that I try don’t work smoothly and there’s just insane background noise & static, like it’s just not working. Have tried w a bunch of diff amps, etc...yet they all seem to not function like they should. The exception being the “bass octave” which works w my guitar....but the “PolyOct” (EHX POG) & “Wenger” (DigiTech Whammy) dont work

• edited March 2018
    I'd like to see better dynamics and warmer distortion. The dynamics always feel a bit compressed even with compression off and Sometimes the tube distortions sound a bit digital and cold to my ears. Whens the last time I the algorithm was updated?

Also what about an analoge pitch shifting delay?

And of course an IR loader

Keep up the good work!
  • I've already said it in previous posts, but we have to solve the issue of Tonestack crashing when receiving midi Program Change and cc at the same time .
  • I'd like to see more rack mounted effects with true stereo input & output. I'd like to see a pedal like the Strymon Deco... one that gives a tape saturation effect.
  • Id like some more pitch shifting options. Like maybe be able to adjust the quality of overlap/peak locking/mono/poly etc.

Also maybe pitch shifting delay?

More blown out/junky amps and fx
  • An easy one I guess:

rythmic chopping patterns in the Big Tremor.
  • edited March 2018
    Steamboat ampworks have a "broken amp sim" pedal. Makes everything sound like the tubes are busted and it sounds amazing. Kinda like the suprapawn amp in tonestack with the fizz setting

More of that awesome junk sound please
  • IR loader the most important one! Fiddlicator works well as an IAA but you cannot have presets with it. A native IR loader would solve sooooo many issues.
  • WE NEED a reverse attack reverb pedal in tonestack for shoegaze stuff.
  • And also I'd like to see the reverse delay pedal fixed. Lots of popping at the beginning of reversed delay clips

• I’m using TS Motherload 3.0 exclusively now since it came out. Blows the other sims out of the water IMO.

On my wishlist for v 4.0:
    1)Dumble Steel String Singer
    2) Dumble Overdrive Special
    3) Maybe a Two-Rock

The Dumbles are sorely needed IMHO. For those of us who dig SRV, Robben Ford and John Mayer, please don’t forget the Dumbles. Spasib!

• Tap-tempo midi learn, better spring reverb and getting rid of
    some pops and noises when turning effects on/off. Analog type delays that
    follow tap-tempo instantly without «pitch-shifting» when engaged. Apart from that
    I think it’s perfect?.

• One more wish: Pre-recorded demo phrazes
    like for instance Amplitube ios has. Possibly even
    even in shop, to be able to audition before buying, but
    atleast in the app itself for programming ruffly without
    instrument.

• One other feature I would like. As I gig solo to Backing Tracks, it would be great if you could associate a preset with a file in Tapedeck. So when you select that preset, the corresponding music file is loaded in Tapedeck. What would be brilliant then would be if you could assisn a MIDI control to start/stop/rewind. For me this would make it the perfect app for gigging with.

• Yet another fearure I would like is if you have made a change to a preset and you go to select another preset, it would be nice if Tonestack asked you if you wanted to save or discard those changes. If often make changes, then forget to save them so this feature would be very useful.

• edited July 2018

My wish of the day.

Built in global HPF and LPF.

Patches sound much better when the garbage frequency information is gone.

• Maybe sitar pedal and alternative spring reverb (less sproing sounds on tail) and some dynamic improvements? Also distortion could be warmer. I feel like the basic engine hasn't been updated in a long time and has basically been the same since version 2. Which is good but maybe it's time for some overall sonic advancements

• An alternative to my earlier request.

Allow TriQ to process a stereo signal without summing to mono...

• In OnStage, a way to quickly change settings on a unit ‘on the fly’ without going back to Connections View and back again. Amplitube 4 has this (in Live View) and I use it a lot, especially the amp settings, but I much prefer TS for gigging.
    Cheers!

• How about a Preset Exchange?